Home     About Us     Become a member     Contact Us  

Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church
Fort Worth, Texas

About St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

St. Andrew’s Parish Church was founded as a parish of The Episcopal Church in 1875, the first Episcopal presence in Fort Worth, Texas, and continues as part of The Episcopal Church in The Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth.

When St. Andrew’s became a parish it included many Fort Worth founding families in its membership as the “mother church” of many of the current parishes in the diocese. The current building located at 917 Lamar Street in Ft. Worth was consecrated December 31, 1939 and has served as a benchmark in the community ever since.

When St. Andrew's celebrated its centennial, a treasure trove of information was researched by Frances Wayman Hogan, The Story of 100 Years: History of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Centennial Year, 1975.

The Rt. Rev. Rayford High, the provisional bishop of The Episcopal Diocese of Ft. Worth, is encouraged by and is encouraging with the faithful that gather to stand together as the continuing St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church.

The Rev. Edwin W. Barnett is the priest called to shepherd those who come together for worship in the traditions of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer each Sunday at 11:15 a.m. Holy Communion is offered the first Sunday of each month and feast days observed on Sunday.